browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Animal Testing

fat_1

Animals and humans have similarities in their cells they are not the same, human cells react differently. This is shown in both cosmetic testing and medical testing. Drugs that are harmful to human health have been given to us because there was a positive effect on gorillas meanwhile drugs that are now known to be very helpful have been kept off of the shelves because of a negative effect on rabbits.


Cosmetic Animal Testing:

italian-makeup

Was your lipstick worth his life?

80% of the worlds countries still allow animal testing for cosmetic products the Animal Rights Party hopes to join the other 20% in placing limits and bans on this type of testing. Cosmetic testing ranging from inhalation to actual forced ingestion of a product.

How can we help?

  • stop buying products tested on animals
  • promote companies that are actually cruelty free
  • provide funding for alternatives

Truly Cruelty free:

The first step is only using cosmetic products that have the official Leaping Bunny Logo or PETA’s cruelty free logo presented on them. The Leaping Bunny Logo is the only identifying mark that can officially prove a company’s cruelty-free status.

download

PETA’s cruelty free logo

leaping_bunny__ccic_logo

Leaping Bunny Logo

 

By using only products sold that have one of these logos on it we can greatly reduce the number of companies that still continue to test on animals.

 

 

 

Alternatives:

  • “Organs-on-chips” 
    • mimic the structure and function of human organs and organ systems.
    • used in disease research, drug testing, and toxicity testing
    • can replicate human physiology, diseases, and drug responses more accurately than crude animal experiments
  • CeeTox and EpiDerm tissue model
    • human cell-derived skin model that can replicate key traits of normal human skin without harming human skin or animals
  • “Micro-dosing”
    • voluntary human testing
    • humans are given a small one-time drug dose  then use a sophisticated imaging technology to monitor how the drug behaves in the body

human-organs-on-chips